Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year, an OLD, OLD House!

It is time for New Year's resolutions, and this year I have devised the perfect way to hold myself accountable for mine.  Put my intentions out in the public eye and charm you so much with my witty posts that you keep coming back to check up on my progress.  Hopefully you will chastise me for my failings as well, properly motivating me to succeed the next day and become an impressively better person in the process.

This year's resolution is actually a repeat from 2005, but I liked it so much then I have decided to give it another run.  My resolution is to choose one room of my house each month and spend at least 15 minutes each day working towards optimum organization in that space.  My goal is to have each room be a calming  space by the end of its month.  Currently I have one room out of eleven that fits the bill, and who wants to spend their life in their downstairs powder room?

I plan on tracking:  the total time spent on each room, all donations made from the purging of each room, and the money raised from selling anything worth selling.  All proceeds from selling items in the room will be used to purchase organizational and decorative supplies for that room.  Some rooms don't need much beside a little uninterrupted time, while others need miracles and multiple bottles of wine to get through them.

Also, all projects that appear as a part of organizing the room must be addressed immediately.  I will not allow myself to move that project into the room where it really belongs until it is complete.  This means there will be quite a bit of scrap booking when we hit a certain room (hopefully I'll have given up on my resolution by then).

Sit back, relax and enjoy comparing your much more organized existence to mine.  I will join you in a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment